Judge Stacy Hackenberg will perform ceremonies for opposite and same-sex couples at the Justice of the Peace Precinct 4 office in Taylor or at a location of your choice. For more information, please email [email protected] or contact the Precinct 4 office by phone at (512) 352-4155. Congratulations!
DUE TO COVID-19 CONCERNS, THE FOLLOWING ARE TEMPORARY CHANGES TO FEES AND CEREMONIES
ALL WEDDINGS WILL COST $75. THE JUDGE WILL COME TO YOU TO PERFORM YOUR CEREMONY BUT SHE REQUIRES THAT GUESTS BE LIMITED TO 7 IN NUMBER, SO THAT BETWEEN THE JUDGE AND THE COUPLE, WE DO NOT EXCEED A GATHERING OF 10 PEOPLE.
Fees for Wedding Ceremonies
- $75, cash only, in the office and during office hours, 8:00 AM to 4:15 PM, Monday through Friday
- $100 in the office after office hours
- $125 plus mileage outside of the office
Fees must be paid in cash and in full and the Wedding Plans form completed and submitted before the wedding will be scheduled. Cancellations must be submitted in writing to [email protected] 24 hours in advance to receive a refund.
Obtaining A Marriage License
If a couple is applying for a marriage license in Williamson County, both applicants should go to the Justice Center located at 405 Martin Luther King Blvd, Georgetown, Texas 78626. The County Clerk's Office is located in the basement and the hours of operation are Monday through Friday from 8:00 am to 4:30 pm. The requirements are:
- Both parties must be present;
- Both parties must have a valid state-issued picture ID or a certified copy of their birth certificate;
- Both parties must be aged 18 or over, or have a parent or guardian present to sign consent;
- License is not valid for 72 hours after issuance and expires 90 days from date of issuance; and,
- Cost of license is $72.00.
In the state of Texas, there is a 30-day waiting period after a divorce is final. The County Clerk's office can issue the license on the 31st day from the final date. If the applicants are remarrying each other, they do not have to wait 30 days. A marriage license may be purchased in any county in Texas and the couple can get married in any county in Texas. If you have any questions concerning the marriage license requirements, click here or contact the County’s Clerk's office at (512) 943-1527 or (512) 943-1526.
Please download and fill out the Wedding Plans sheet below before you arrive.
If a translator will be needed, please let us know in advance.